FibreGuard is one of the fabric we have carefully selected out of many to complete your custom armchair. It is easily one of our customers’ top picks, and we’ll tell you why! This easy to clean fabric is ready for any future accidents that might happen, for we never know. It’s durability is also something we take pride of, watch as it stays looking brand new despite years of usage, even with a child and pet around. To top it off, the fabric is free of harmful finishes as we care for you, our top priority.
OEKO-TEX® – Safe for human use
Standard 100 by OEKO-TEX®’ — if a product is labeled with this, it means that it is completely free from harmful chemicals and safe for human use.
Introduced in 1992, the STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® is a worldwide standard by which fabrics are tested and judged free of harmful levels of more than 100 substances known to be harmful to human health.
FibreGuard fabrics undergo these tests in addition to other other mechanical textile tests.
High quality, Durable fabric
Stain-resistant fabric that doesn’t shrink, fade or wear out.
Our fabrics undergo numerous textile tests in independent laboratories to ensure that they’re all durable, reliable, and of consistent quality.
On top of that, there are FibreGuard-specific tests to guarantee our fabrics’ stain-resistant properties. These extra textile tests are approached in four different ways:
- Direct: apply the stain to a fresh fabric and remove immediately.
- Wash: apply a stain to a washed piece of fabric and remove the stain.
- Washed 10x: apply a stain to a fabric that has been washed for 10 times, and remove the stain.
- 24Hrs: apply a stain, leave on fabric for 24 hours and remove it after 24 hours.
Cleanable with any stain
From ketchup and red wine to coffee and ink, FibreGuard fabrics are simply easy to clean.
All accidental stains can be removed using only water, but should you have a tougher stain, a small amount of standard, white, household soap can be used.
- Don’t panic! — For stains like mud, sauces or lipstick, just grab a spoon and scoop off the residue. For more watery stains like coffee, skip this and continue with the next step.
- Water & Blot — Apply water to the stain and blot with a paper towel. Do not do the circular motion rub trick! Repeat process until you can’t see the stain on paper towel anymore.
- Water & Circles — Apply with more water and rub gently with a microfibre cloth. Use soap for stubborn stains. Now you can do the circular motion rub trick. Repeat until stain is completely removed.
- Air Dry — This is really important. Don’t use hairdryer or apply heat to the stain. Just air dry. It’s fine.